Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
OCD is an anxiety disorder which involves recurring unwanted thoughts, ideas, or sensations (obsessions) that make people feel driven to do something repetitively (compulsions). The repetitive behaviours, such as hand washing, checking on things or cleaning, can significantly interfere with a person’s daily activities and social interactions. Many people with OCD know their obsessions are not real; others may think they could be true (known as poor insight), but people with OCD have a hard time keeping their focus off the obsessions or stopping the compulsions. There is significant avoidance and reassurance from family members. Symptoms can include:
- Inflated sense of responsibility for harm to self and others
- Checking and re-checking
- Violent & sexual preoccupations
- Contamination and Washing
- Religious fears and many more.
OCD symptoms tend to focus on the thing that is most previous or valued to you. The themes will often change across the developmental trajectory.
Interested in joining our team at Anxiety House Sunshine Coast (AHSC)?
- Masters and/or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA as an endorsed “Clinical Psychologist” or eligibility for the clinical psychology registrar program
- Eligible for Medicare registration
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Clinical supervision
– Supportive team environment
- Peer mentoring
- Modern refurnished consulting rooms
- Stream of referrals
- Psychiatry input with our sister practice Oxford Clinic
- On site educational and developmental assessments
- Full-time on-site reception services
- Company email
- Practice management software
- Continued professional development offerings as a team
- Marketing service.
- Private practice mentoring
- Career development and company progression
- Free training in OCRD and Eating Disorders.
- Working in a well-established clinic with a solid reputation
- Be part of a larger organisation with sister clinics in Brisbane (double CPD)
- Attractive remuneration
- Ability to develop your skills within niche areas
- Clinical supervision
Together, let us help those people who are suffering from mental disorders. If you’re interested, please complete the form below and we will reach out to you.